Publications and presentations about Peoples-uni
There have been a number of publications
- Capacity-building for public health. Bulletin of the World Health Organisation 2007:85;930-934
- Peoples-uni: Developing Public Health Competences – Lessons from a Pilot Course Module. International journal of emerging technologies in learning (iJET) Vol 3, 2008
- Experience with a "social model" of capacity building: the Peoples-uni. Human Resources for Health 2009, 7:43
- Online Public Health Education for Low and Middle-Income Countries: Factors Influencing Successful Student Outcomes. International Journal of Emerging Technologies in Learning (iJET), Vol 6, No 4 2011. Keir Philip and Andrew Lee.
- Interview about Peoples-uni in BMJ Careers section: creator of Peoples-uni.
- Internet-based public health e-learning student perceptions: an evaluation from the People’s Open Access Education Initiative (Peoples-uni). Niyi Awofeso, Keir Philip and Richard F. Heller. Open Learning Vol. 27, No. 3, November 2012, 215–226 (Abstract)
- Presentation by Jessica Sheringham at Moodlemoot 2010 (Presentation)
- Presentation on Health Promotion in Peoples-uni by Ron Kirk to ACC RAC, March 2013 (Presentation)
- Effective and affordable e-learning systems - presentation by Omo Oaiya at Euroafrica ICT conference, 2013. (Presentation)
- Peoples-uni - Building the Public Health Workforce Capacity at Home and Abroad. Presentation at the UK Faculty of Public Health Annual Scientific Meeting 2013. By Anna Jones, Rachel Beanland and Sizanna Mathew.
- Scaling up Public Health Education in Africa through e-learning: the Peoples-uni. kigali_pu_presentation_final.pdf by JP Uwillingiyimana et al, East Africa Health Professions Educators Association conference, June 2015.
- Developing the clinico-epidemiologic conference as an online course. J Public Health (Oxf) (2017) 38 (4): e588
Publications by students/graduates
- Systematic Review and Meta-analysis on Community based interventions in TB care in developing countries. Baba Musa et al. Niger J Med 2014 Apr-Jun;23(2):103-1
- Perceived value of applying Information Communication Technology to implement guidelines in developing countries; an online questionnaire study among public health workers. Pasipanodya Ian Machingura, Olawumi Adekola, Eunice Mueni et al. Online Journal of Public Health Informatics Vol 6, No 2 (2014). http://ojphi.org/ojs/index.php/ojphi/article/view/5368.
Infant Feeding Choices Practiced among HIV Positive Mothers Attending a Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission (PMTCT) of HIV Program in Nnewi, Nigeria. Kalu SO1, Reynolds F, Petra GB, Ikechebelu JI, Dada MO, Oluboyo BO1and Igwegbe AO. Kalu et al., J AIDS Clin Res 2014, 5:5
- Prevalence of Depression and Associated Risk Factors among the Elderly in Urban and Rural Field Practice Areas of a Tertiary Care Institution in Ludhiana. Paramita Sengupta and Anoop I. Benjamin. Indian Journal Public Health 2015;59:3-8.
- Prevalence and correlates ofc ognitive impairment in a north Indian elderly population. Paramita Sengupta et al. WHO South-East Asia Journal of Public Health April–June 2014; 3:135-143.
- Abubakar AG, Ozumba PJ, Winter J, Buttner P, Abimiku A (2015) Current Trends in the detection of Acute HIV Infection among Blood Donors: Reliability of Pooled Nucleic Acid Amplification Technology and the Need for Population Specific Algorithms: A Systematic Review. J Antivir Antiretrovir 7:089-103
- Mobilising the alumni of a Master of Public Health degree to build research and development capacity in low- and middle-income settings: The Peoples-uni. http://www.health-policy-systems.com/content/13/1/71